Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites



Cheesecake freaks me out.  Let me be more clear....making cheesecake freaks me out....eating cheesecake is fantastic.  Pretty much anything that needs to be baked in a water bath intimidates the hell out of me and the thought of eating “no-bake” cheesecake makes me want to hurl so I thought I’d dive into cheesecake world with this bar recipe.  It seemed easy enough and let me tell you -- it was easy as pie!!!!

When I pulled the bars out of the oven and sprinkled them with the peanut butter and chocolate chips I had to restrain myself from digging in until they were cool.  Knowing how dangerous these babies were going to be, I cut them into mini-bites so I felt like I wasn’t eating as much.  You’re going to love these with a tall glass of icy milk {{or a shot glass of milk -- adorable serving idea!!}}.

Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bites

1 (17.5 oz) package oatmeal cookie mix {I used Betty Crocker}
1/2 c. chilled butter, cut into small pieces
2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 large egg
2/3 c. peanut butter morsels
2/3 c. semisweet chocolate morsels

  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
  2. In the bowl of a food processor, combine cookie mix and butter.  Pulse 4 to 5 times.  Press into prepared pan and bake 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges.  Cool 10 minutes.
  3. Combine cream cheese, sugar, flour and egg at medium speed with an electric mixer.  Spread over cookie crust.
  4. Bake 20 minutes or until set.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with morsels.  Let stand 10 minutes or until cool.  Cut into desired-sized bars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD