Monday, September 17, 2012

Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Bread



Since I started blogging, I’ve come to a food conclusion ... I freaking love Asian-inspired food.  I could eat Asian food any day of the week!  I love hoisin sauce, I love sriracha sauce, I love fish sauce, etc, etc.  Todays’ recipe was pure gold in my mouth -- combining two of my favorite things...sandwiches and Asian flavors! {{my absolute favorite sandwiches by the way??  Banh Mi’s of any kind...}}

So here we go....garlic bread + hoisin + sesame oil + pork and other yumminess = crunchy, buttery, salty, sweet heaven!  I really don’t have any other words to say except you need to try this open-faced masterpiece immediately.

Chinese Roast Pork on Garlic Bread
adapted from Rachael Ray Magazine

1 small pork roast, 1-2 lbs
1 tbsp olive oil
1 c. water
1/4 c. soy sauce
salt and pepper
1/4 c. hoisin sauce
3 tbsp honey
8 cloves garlic, pasted
2 tsp sesame oil
1/2 stick butter @ room temperature
1/2 large loaf of italian bread, split in half
1/4 c. store bought duck sauce
sesame seeds, for garnish
green onions, sliced, for garnish

  1. Position rack on lower third of oven and preheat to 450.  Season pork with salt and pepper.  
  2. Prepare dutch oven on stove with olive oil over high heat.  Sear pork on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.  Remove from heat and pour water and soy sauce over pork.  Transfer dutch oven to preheated oven and braise for 45-60 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
  3. In a small bowl, combine hoisin sauce, honey, 1 tsp garlic and sesame oil.  
  4. Combine butter and remaining garlic and spread on bread.  Wrap bread together in foil and bake 10 minutes.  Open foil, turn bread cut side up and bake 5 more minutes.
  5. Thinly slice pork and toss with hoisin sauce mixture.  Place pork on bread, top with duck sauce and top with sesame seeds and green onions.  Cut and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD