Monday, May 14, 2012

Grilled Zucchini Rollatini



Happy Monday, everyone!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend and a lovely Mother’s Day!  Today I have a little tasty bite that’s sure to make it on your next party menu -- another no-nonsense, but beautiful, recipe that can be prepared ahead of time so you can enjoy your company.  
Today I combine my favorite vegetable with my favorite cheese -- heavenly!  Strips of zucchini are grilled then filled with a tangy and flavorful goat cheese mixture and rolled up into a creamy bite sized morsel.  {My mouth just filled up with saliva just typing that sentence.}  I only have one warning with this recipe -- it’s best served at room temperature so if you decide to make them ahead of time, make sure to take them out of the fridge 30 minutes prior to serving.  Also, I chopped up my leftovers the next day and threw them in a simple omelet and it was divine.  I suggest doing this -- if there are any left!  
Grilled Zucchini Rollatini
3 medium zucchini, ends removed
2 tbsp EVOO
salt
4 oz goat cheese, room temp
2 tbsp oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated (plus more for garnish)
3/4 tsp fresh thyme, chopped
  1. Heat grill to medium high heat
  2. Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch thick lengthwise strips.  Brush with oil and sprinkle with salt.   Grill until well browned and limp.  Set aside to cool.
  3. Combine cheese, tomatoes, thyme, parmesan 1 1/2 tsp EVOO and 1/4 tsp salt.
  4. Assemble rollatini: lay zucchini on work surface and place 1 heaping tsp on cheese mixture on one end.  Roll up and place on platter.  Refrigerate until ready or serve immediately.





No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD