Sunday, June 9, 2013

Hot Diggity Dog!





For a long time now, I've been wanting to do what I did last night:  make a whole mess of hot dogs -- all different kinds -- and stuff my face with every type.  Believe me, I really had to work up an appetite to take down these boys and I gotta tell ya, I wouldn't recommend making all three then proceeding to eat them all...talk about a brick in your stomach.  But all worth it for the sake of ChowGals....

So basically, crazy-topped hot dogs are all the rage this summer.  I've seen them creeping around the web and the magazines in the past but in the past few months they have been in every magazine.  I decided to really go for it -- what I love about these dogs is you can pick a theme and just roll with it -- mix up the ingredients like you would top a pizza!  

Today I have three really special dogs for you -- The BLT-Dog, The Lowcountry Dog and The All-American Dog!  
Feel free to get crazy and home-make all your ingredients {pimento cheese, pork bbq, coleslaw} or go ahead and get the store-bought stuff to make the preparations a little more manageable.  

The BLT-Dog: top your hot dog with chopped lettuce, tomato, cooked and crumbled bacon and drizzle with buttermilk ranch dressing


The Lowcountry Dog: top your dog with pimento cheese and pickled okra


The All-American Dog:  top your dog with shredded pork BBQ and top with creamy coleslaw



1 comment:

  1. Wow! These look amazing! I love eating dressed up hot dogs!

    ReplyDelete

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD