Thursday, February 28, 2013

Spicy Deviled Eggs




Deviled Eggs are pretty much a Southern staple.  In fact, I rarely ate deviled eggs when I lived up North, but now that I’m in the South - they show up everywhere - parties, BBQs, even restaurant menus!  I’ve never actually made them but a few nights ago there was just something in the air... I wanted a deviled egg and I wanted it bad.  I started by hard-boiling some eggs then started rooting through my fridge to decide what to add.  I feel like this is when the best meals or snacks happen....when you dig through what you’ve got and create something.  So I pulled out some bacon, mayo, horseradish, parsley and sriracha.  Really I just spooned out the yolks threw in a little mayo and horseradish, topped with crispy bacon and parsley and ended with a dollop of sriracha!  Heavenly little bite -- and it literally took 10 minutes!  

Spicy Deviled Eggs (makes one dozen)

6 hardboiled eggs, peeled and halved
2 heaping tbsp mayo
2 tsp prepared horseradish
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
salt and pepper to taste
parsley, for garnish
sriracha, to taste

Remove egg yolks to a small bowl.  Combine yolks with mayo, horseradish, salt and pepper until smooth.  Place yolk mixture in a ziplock bag and snip the edge.  Pipe yolk mixture back into each halved egg white.  Top with bacon, parsley and sriracha.  Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD