Friday, February 22, 2013

SkinnyChow Sangria



One of my favorite things in the world is a huge buffet of appetizers sitting in front of me.   I would much rather feast on a huge array of little bites than a single full blown meal.  I love to have a little of everything...It only makes sense that tapas restaurants are some of my favs.  

My husband and I honeymooned in Aruba -- an island that is really known for their eclectic restaurants, from steakhouses to seafood to French food.  Husband and I really enjoyed the eating and found a great tapas bar called Salt and Pepper.  We ate there 3 times and pretty much ate the entire menu.  The bomb! 

Traditionally, tapas originated in Spain, along with the fantastic Sangria!  Sangria is the perfect accent to a table full of tapas!  Today I’m going to show you a skinny version of sangria, as it can be quite calorie-laden.  This recipe makes 2 gallons of Sangria...perfect for a party.  And don’t scoff because I’m using boxed Franzia {LOL} but it just WORKS, people!!! I usually make this in empty gallon containers of water.

SkinnyChow Sangria (makes 2 gallons)

1 box Franzia red table wine
1/2 c. cognac
4 oranges, sliced, 2 oranges, halved
4 limes, sliced, 2 limes, halved
4 lemons, sliced, 2 lemons, halved
4 peaches, sliced
1 (2 liter) bottle of diet lemon-lime soda

In gallon bottles, combine wine and congnac.  Squeeze halved fruits into the wine mixture.  Add all fruit to the wine/fruit juice mixture and stir to combine.  Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to blend.  Before serving, add diet lemon-lime soda to provide sweetness and bubbles!  Serve.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I’m a follower of your blog and would love it if you joined me at my weekly Clever Chicks Blog Hop.
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2013/02/clever-chicks-blog-hop-23-and-4-ss-of.html

    I hope you can make it!
    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD