Sunday, December 16, 2012

Peppermint Mocha Brownies



Anyone out there sick of sweet holiday treats yet?  Me either!  I’ve been getting quite the flow of cookies, candy and banana breads dropped off at my job by customers and I’m loving every minute of it!  Another favorite part of the holidays for me is the plethora of amazing Christmas themed coffee creamers in the grocery store...my favorite being peppermint mocha.  Oh and Starbucks’ Peppermint Mocha is without a doubt my favorite treat of all --- but these brownies definitely come close!!!!  I just love a thick chewy brownie -- but top it off with crushed peppermints and I’m in heaven.  What I love even more is that these brownies start with a boxed brownie mix....JACKPOT!  It literally took minutes to prepare -- perfect for these stressed out seasonal days!

Peppermint Mocha Brownies

One (18.75) box brownie mix
2 tsp instant coffee granules
1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
8 small peppermint candy canes, crushed
1 tbsp confectioners sugar

  1. Preheat oven to 325.  Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil, allowing edges of foil to extend 2 inches over the side of the pan.  Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. Prepare brownie mix according to instructions, adding peppermint extract and coffee to batter.  Spoon into prepared pan.  Bake according to instructions.  While still warm, press candy canes into brownies.  Cool completely.  Cut into 8 brownies.  Sift confectioners sugar over brownies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD