Sunday, December 2, 2012

Best Guacamole You'll Ever Eat



I am a huge guacamole fan.  I could eat that stuff with a spoon or piled high onto pretty much anything.  I’ve followed many different guac recipes in my day but this is the recipe that my husband and I love the most: heavy on the tomatoes and the lime.  As beautiful as the avocado is, there’s nothing worse than bland guacamole.  I also love keeping the avocado chunky so my tortilla chip really needs to work hard to make it out of the bowl in one piece ... the chopped tomato helps keep it chunky as well!  So break out your sturdy chips or plop a dollop of this guacamole on your nachos, taco salad, burrito, or anything!  

ChowGals Best Guacamole You’ll Ever Eat

2 ripe avocados
1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
1 handful fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
1 large garlic bulb, finely minced or grated
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
juice of one lime
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce {Frank’s} to taste

  1. Remove pit and skins from avocados and add to medium sized bowl.  Roughly mash with a fork.
  2. Add tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, onion and lime juice to avocados and stir to combine.  Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.  If desired, add a splash of the hot sauce of your choosing.  Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD