Thursday, October 11, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins



People often ask me what my favorite food is -- honestly, I really couldn’t tell you!  I can find joy in any food and what I’m eating really depends on my mood.  I’ll tell you what, though .... I LOVE APPS!  I really could eat appetizers for every meal of every day.  I love having that little taste of a lot of dishes for a meal -- this is probably why I enjoy happy hour so much.  Steve and I have a few cocktails and order 4 or 5 appetizers or small plates and share them all.  It’s a cheap way to get a lot of different food in you. I don’t know about where you live, but the Myrtle Beach area restaurants have really stepped it up in terms of happy hour food -- moving from chicken fingers and wings to kobe beef sliders with caramelized onions and grilled fish tacos with crunchy cabbage slaw.  Yum!  

Now there are times that I prefer to just chill at home with my drinks and my friends {and my sweatpants}, so I make those special happy hour dishes here.  These were a gigantic hit and were gobbled up quickly.  I tend to use Frank’s hot sauce -- but feel free to use your favorite brand {remember, if you’re using Tabasco, don’t use a 1/2 cup!  Wayy to spicy!}.

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins

1 large chicken breast, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
2 tbsp butter
salt and pepper
1/2 c. Frank’s hot sauce
5 russet potatoes
1/8 c. vegetable oil, for brushing
1/2 c. blue cheese crumbles
2 scallions, chopped
blue cheese dip/dressing for serving

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Melt 2 tbsp butter and saute chicken until cooked.  Transfer to bowl and toss with hot sauce.
  2. Wrap potatoes in foil and bake in oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until soft.  Cool, cut in half and scoop out middle.  Season with salt and pepper.  Flip over and brush with oil.  Bake cut side down, 5 minutes.  Flip and cook additional 5 minutes.  Fill with chicken and cheese, bake until melted.  Top with scallions and serve with blue cheese dip/dressing
HungryLittleGirl

1 comment:

  1. They look perfect and delicious!
    Thank you for linking them up to Wednesday Extravaganza!
    I really need to make them!

    ReplyDelete

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD