Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Restaurant Style Salsa



How many of us have dined out at a Mexican restaurant and completely housed their trademark chips and salsa?  Happens to me every time!!!!!!  No matter what I say to myself in my brain on the drive over to any Mexican restaurant, I can’t resist that salsa!
As soon as I sit down I find myself reaching for chips and shoveling them into my mouth.  
I often search the Mexican aisles in the grocery stores for salsas that can compare to the ones in the restaurants -- but to no avail.  Then one magical day, I stumbled upon a recipe titled “Restaurant Style Salsa” and thought, “No way is this going to be as good....but hey, I’ll try anything!”  Ummm.....it WAS AS GOOD!  This salsa is as close as you’ll get to Mexican restaurant salsa.  This recipe makes a huge amount of salsa so make sure you have extra chips in the house -- or be prepared to eat this stuff with a spoon.  

Restaurant Style Salsa
1 can (28 ounce) whole tomatoes with juice
2 cans (10 ounce) Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 whole jalapeno, quartered and sliced thin
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/2 c. fresh cilantro
1/2 whole lime, juiced
  1. In a large food processor or blender, combine whole tomatoes, Rotel tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice and cilantro.  Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like.  Taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
  2. Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour.  Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD