Monday, June 11, 2012

Oreo Rice Krispi Treats



Rice Krispi Treats were one of my favorite childhood sweets.  I asked for them at least once every 2 weeks.  When I was in high school, my friends would come over and sometimes we would be real pigs and make some batches and eat them hot, straight from the bowl.  {Who has time to press them into a pan and wait for them to cool, anyway?}  When I was in college, my mom would make a big pan for me whenever I came home for the weekend or a holiday.  Needless to say they are still one of my favorite sweets.
As far as sweets go, rice krispi treats are not that bad for you, which was always part of their appeal to me. {Umm, but yeah, eating a whole batch straight from the bowl doesn’t exactly make them a healthy choice...I get it.}  However, these Oreo Rice Krispi Treats are not the norm.  These are full-on decadent with a cup’s worth of crushed double stuffed Oreos, white chocolate drizzle and more crushed Oreo topping.  Save this treat for something special -- it probably shouldn’t be eaten straight from the bowl. {Dangerous!}
Oreo Rice Krispi Treats
5 c. Rice Krispi cereal
1 c. crushed Double Stuff Oreos (about 10 cookies)
1 (10.5oz) bag mini marshmallows
4 tbsp butter, softened
4 oz bakers white chocolate
6 Double Stuffed Oreos, crushed (for topping)
  1. Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwaveable bowl.  Microwave in 1 minute increments, stirring after each minute, until the butter and marshmallows are melted.
  2. Mix cereal and cookies into the butter/marshmallow mix and stir until coated.
  3. Spray a 13x9 in pan with cooking spray and press mixture into pan.  Cool for 10 minutes.
  4. Place white chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring between each 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted.  Drizzle chocolate over Rice Krispi Treats then top with crushed oreos, pressing oreos into chocolate so they stick.
  5. Cool 15 minutes then cut into bars and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD