Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Herbed Chicken & Hot Pepper Sandwiches



Ok, OK!  I know that I pretty much start every blog talking about how today’s post includes something that is “my favorite”.  My favorite mini food, my favorite skinny food, my favorite cocktail, my favorite this and my favorite that...blah blah blah.  All of that is null and void when it comes to sandwiches.  Sandwiches are my favorite.  There is nothing, and I mean NOTHING, like a good sandwich.  I may be so bold to say that I lump pizza into my “sandwich” category in that it is bread with things on it {a loose definition of a sandwich, I know}.  Anyway -- give me some good bread with things on it and I am one. happy. chowgal.  MMMmmm!  
My husband, Steve, is a man who is “all about the sauce”.  His sandwich is not complete without something dripping out the sides/down his arm or face while eating it.  Well get ready, people, because if you are a “Sauce-Person”, this sammy is for you!  Check out the aioli on this baby -- but beware -- regular mayo will never satisfy you again.  Just warning you.  Also featured is roasted chicken, hard salami, provolone and some hot-a$$ peppers.  They really give you that tangy, spicy kick that cuts through the creaminess of the sauce.  Round it all out out with a crusty roll {and a beer} and you’ve got yourself a prize.
Herbed Chicken and Hot Pepper Sandwiches
For the Aioli:
1/2 c. mayo
1 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp finely chopped fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
Sandwiches:
4 baguettes (each 10 inches long), split horizontally
3 oz hard salami
1 small rotisserie chicken, meat thinly sliced {or go ahead and roast your own chicken}
1 c. pickled hot peppers
6 oz provolone cheese, sliced 1/4 in thick
In a small bowl, combine aioli ingredients.  Spread on both sides of baguettes.  Layer meat, peppers and cheese on bottom half.  Replace tops of bread, cut in half and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD