Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies



First of all, I want to thank everyone that checked us out for our debut yesterday!  It was an exciting day for me -- something I’ve been looking forward to for a very long time.  I’m so happy with the response I’ve been getting from you all, so today I’m offering a decadent sweet treat just for you!
I’m wondering if there is anyone out there that doesn’t like cheesecake or brownies?  Anyone??? Didn’t think so...  Now let’s throw red velvet in the mix and I think we have a recipe that captures everyone’s interest!
I’ve mentioned before that I’m not one for baking.  I’ve been known to burn slice and bake cookies.  However, I have been practicing and these brownies might just be the best thing I’ve ever baked in my life.  I could not stop eating them and my husband was beside himself.  They are the perfect combination of creamy and chewy, without being overly sweet!  So let’s all forget the fact that swimsuit season is literally right around the corner and indulge a little! 
Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

1/2 c. butter
2 oz dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1 c. sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp red food coloring
2/3 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/3 c. sugar
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Butter the bottom and sides of an 8 inch baking pan.  Put a long piece of parchment in the bottom of the pan, letting it hang over the sides.  Butter parchment.
  2. In a small bowl, melt butter and chocolate together.  Stir until combined and very smooth.  Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  3. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, eggs, vanilla and food coloring.  Add chocolate mixture and stir.  Add flour and salt until combined.
  4. Pour into prepared pan.
  5. Beat cream cheese and remaining ingredients.  Distribute 8 dollops of cream cheese mixture on top of brownie batter.  Swirl with spatula or knife.  Bake 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely.  Lift parchment and cut brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

©ChowGals - Designed by BDD